Thursday, November 7, 2013

Lately!

Too say the past month has been busy, would be an understatement! I have had so much going on, but it would be a lie to say I haven't been enjoying all that this month has brought me. From visiting my family in their new home, to receiving a new little sister (a sorority sister, DUH), and getting creative dressing up for a few fun festivities, it has been a fun filled month, and I want to share with you all a little of what I have been up to!!

1. In the beginning of October I went to visit my parents where they moved this past summer,
Milwaukee, WI

It was the beginning of the color of the leaves changing, cool chilled winds, and new adventures for my family! My days were filled with laughter while walking around the Third Ward visiting different bars, including an awesome place called Spin, where you could enjoy a fun cocktail while playing ping pong! While in WI I also got to experience every badger fan's dream by going to the Madison Homecoming football game, and couldn't get over the beutiful campus and the overwhelming amount of school spirit! My favorite part of the weekend though, was the mornings when my parents and I went to my new favorite coffee shop, Alternative. With a view of the lake, a cool hip vibe and a creative sugar skull graphic cup, no one could not be obsessed! I woke up my last day sad that it would be months till I got again and just talking about it makes me crave a sweet vanilla latte. If you are ever in the area, most definitely find yourself an Alternative Coffee Shop! 


2. My
Sorority

Yes, I am a sorority girl, and I understand being in a sorority sometimes has its negative stereotypes, but I  believe that being in Gamma Phi Beta has been nothing but a positive impact on my life. My sorority has given me so many opportunities with helping find careers along with volunteer opportunities. It has also provided many memorable nights, along with girls I get to call my best friends and sisters! Last year I received the greatest role model as my "Big" and this year I was given the chance to be that same role model for who I now get to call my "Little!" I had a week full of crafting surprising her each day with a little gift (which I'm guessing she loved considering she posted the above picture on her Facebook)! Our symbol is a crescent, so on the first day I created a crescent pinata that she had to crack to receive clues about me! The days following included a chalk board that I made with a "G Phi" banner and a basket full of goodies- "I love you to the moon and back" sign (that I will soon be selling on etsy), a fuzzy blanket, and her favorite snacks and small goodies! Finally the last day was revealing where she found out I was her big, it was hands down the best day thus far in my sorority! Plus I got a cute basket full of my favorite goodies and a cute g phi painting she made for me, I guess crafting runs in the family!! Heres a cute picture of the two of us moments after the revealing!


3. Friend's 21st and Halloween most important element
Dressing up!

Finding the perfect costume is not easy, especially when you want to be creative on a budget! The first event was my friend's 21st birthday with the theme "Brittany, The Birthday Betch" where we all had to dress up with something that started with the letter B! And as you can tell from the above photo, I went as Brittany Spears "Oops I did it again" my child hood idol! The costume was so easy and also inexpensive! I wore a black skirt that I owned along with a white button up shirt, I went to good will and found a grey sweater and just cut up the center to make it into a cardigan! Then I went to joannes found cheap pink fuzzies tied those babies with my pick tail braids, and look at that the perfect Brittany Spears costume! Everyone the minute we walked into the bars knew exactly who I was, and I definitely embraced my inner Brittany Spears! Next was Halloween, where I could not decide what to be! I didn't want to spend any money so looked through my old costumes and came up with an 80's rocker! I had everything from a white petticoat skirt, to pearls, black lace gloves and a crop top with a jean vest! I brought out some cool 80s moves on the dance floor and had a blast!


Along with all these fun events, I have been swormed with school work, exams and the business part of my sorority! But I promise I will be more on top of my blog and bringing lots of fashion, inspiration, diy and everything in between! XO



No comments:

Post a Comment